Bed bugs are tiny bloodsucking insects that can be very irritating. Their nighttime bites can be felt. Infestation is something you want to avoid. If you do have an infestation you may want to get help from pest control Austin.
You should not attempt to eliminate a bed insect infestation on your own. You will not find the appropriate equipment to fix this at a hardware shop. If you do not apply the pesticide correctly, not even the kind designed to kill bed bugs will work. You may quickly and easily get rid of bed bugs without exposing yourself, your family, or your pets to harmful chemicals.
Bed Bugs: Where Do You Find Them?
All 50 states have documented bed bug populations. They can slip under the radar because they are roughly the width of a credit card. They can hop in your suitcase and travel with you hassle-free. That is because the hotel industry is particularly prone to bed insect problems. Locations such as nursing homes, classrooms, hospitals, dormitories, and workplaces are not excluded.
Bed bugs can spread from one room to another. They are adept at concealment and can even use boxes and shoes. When they arrive at their destination, they frequently seek shelter under beds or headboards. They are adept at hiding everywhere, including under things, under walls, and on the floor.
Telltale Bed Bug Infestation Signs
Possible signs of infestation with bedbugs include:
- Stained bedclothes and pillows with blood
- Bed bug droppings are usually found as dark or rust-colored patches on linens, beds, and walls.
- Beds with feces stains or skin flakes on the floor
- Tiny white specks on your furniture can be bed insect egg casings.
- Home has an unpleasant, musty smell
- Bites that itch and typically appear in groups or rows
Be wary of those whose acquaintances or neighbors have bedbugs. Bed bugs are notorious hitchhikers that may quickly spread throughout your home.
Control of Bed Bugs – Follow these preventive methods!
The following are some preventative measures against bed bug infestations:
- Do not purchase used furniture. Be sure to properly inspect used furniture and bedding for signs of bed bugs before making a purchase.
- Mattress and box spring covers should be used.
- Get rid of the clutter so there is nowhere for the bed bugs to hide.
- Prevent bed bugs by regularly vacuuming the area.
- Cracks and crevices in the wall, including those surrounding outlets, switches, and baseboards.